United States of America
Every year, the number of international students in the US rises as more and more students choose the United States as the place they want to broaden their experience and continue their education. In fact, the US is the world’s most popular international student destination.
The United States is a complex and vast country made up of 50 states plus the city of Washington, D.C. – the nation’s capital. American culture has been enriched by the values and belief systems of every part of the world and from an international student’s perspective, that diversity is very valuable.
- Sports: American football, baseball and basketball
- High School dances such as Homecoming and Prom
- Diverse host families
- Attractions such as the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Statue of Liberty, Times Square and Disney World
- Academic Excellence & Global Recognition: High school students in the US can customize their own schedule. They can choose classes and electives that suit their interests. Also, with over 4000 universities across the country, the USA boasts some of the top universities in the world. The universities and colleges offer a wide range of degrees and courses.
- American Culture & Campus Life: There are many options for students to make friends and enjoy school life such as joining clubs, sports etc.
- Diversity & Variety: The USA offers diversity. There is a wide range of colleges , areas of study and specialty degrees to choose from (community college and four-year college). The USA is a melting pot of different people and cultures.
Applying for visas can be a complicated and difficult process, but no need to worry. ICES Cambodia can guide you through the process. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend will determine which visa you need.
There are three different student visa types in the United States:
- F1 Student Visa: For students who are attending an academic program or English Language Program. It is the most common form of international student visa in the US
- J1 Student Exchange Visa: For students participating in an exchange program, including high school and university study
- M1 Student Visa: For students who are attending non-academic or vocational schools
- A valid passport
- Visa application fee & form
- Proof of financial ability
- Passport-size color photo
- I-20 (Acceptance Letter from School)
*Please note that these are the basic requirements, speak with our ICES Cambodia consultant for a detailed list of documents required for visa processing. Call 077 811 777, 098 686 901.